TLA’s webinar series seeks to expand the association’s CLE offerings by providing timely information on issues of concern to transportation attorneys from the leaders in the field. TLA members, non-members and non-attorneys are welcome to attend.
We’ve Got You Covered!
Even before the COVID era, Cybersecurity attacks, and commensurate ramped up defenses, were on the rise. In this webinar, two preeminent cybersecurity, IT/IP contracting, and data security panelists will discuss this new wave in the tech industry and the transportation and logistics sector. Since the COVID era, the sector has seen an exponential rise in digital forms of communication amongst employers and employees, independent contractors, and in the day-to-day mechanics of the shipping/transport/storage and loading processes itself. This Great Digitization also exponentially increases the risk of cybersecurity threats. The Panel will discuss cybersecurity and data privacy contingencies from both a combative and a preemptive perspective. The Panel will touch upon internal projects to become CCPA and/or GDPR compliant, and how to prepare and negotiate DPAs. The Panel will also discuss drafting and negotiating software/IT/data related agreements, to include these and other protections at the interstites of IT contracting, privacy and the driver experience. Finally, the Panel will explore how to set up internal systems that complement privacy compliance efforts and related contracting, like data mapping and the necessity of legal/compliance, IT, operations, and human resources working together to rebuff cyber attacks. Bring your light sabers, and we hope that the force will be with you!
Moderator: Christopher M. Kelly
Jeffrey R. Wells, Co-Chair of Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy, Clark Hill PLC, Washington DC
Helen M. Schweitz, Associate, member of Intellectual Property/3iP Practice Group, Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff LLP, Chicago, IL
Before You Register for a TLA Webinar
- TLA applies for Continuing Legal Education credit from every State in which it is required.
- Please be aware that some states do not allow webinars as an approved format for continuing education.
- All participants who complete the evaluation following the webinar will be provided with the uniform certificate of attendance.
- TLA will be using Zoom to administer its webinars.
- If you are not a member of TLA, or do not have a user profile, you will need to create one.
- Once you register and check out, you should receive a confirmation email of your payment (non-members) and registration.
- An email with instructions on how to access the webinar will be sent in a separate email on the day before the webinar is scheduled for.
- If you do not receive an email with instructions on how to access the webinar by that day, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (913) 222-8652.
Member Price: Complimentary
Non-member Price: $50
1. SIGN IN: To register for this webinar you must sign in. If you are not a member, or do not currently have an account, please create one.
2. BEGIN REGISTRATION: Select the "Register Myself" button to begin the registration process.
3. EDIT REGISTRANT INFORMATION: Click the "Edit Registrant Information" link to update your contact information.
4. REGISTRATION OPTIONS: Your price will automatically update based on your member type.
5. CHECK OUT: After payment is provided, a confirmation email will be emailed to the email address you specify.
- You will be able to register up to the day of the event which is 06/10/2021
This webinar will start at 1PM CST / 2PM EST
If you have any questions, please email us at TLA-Info@kellencompany.com or call us at (913) 222-8652.