TLA’s webinar series seeks to expand the association’s CLE offerings by providing timely information on issues of concern to transportation attorneys from the leaders in the field. TLA members, non-members and non-attorneys are welcome to attend.
We’ve Got You Covered!
Issues relating to brokers permeate most shipment schematics these days. Broker related factual and legal issues are infused into cargo claim cases, regulatory conundra, corporate structure issues, and also many casualty and freight charge situations. This panel will highlight and discuss various of the more obtuse nuances of the broker model that arise in our practices. The panel will focus upon issues relating to 49 CFR 371.3(c), MAP 21, freight charge issues relating to brokers and salvage and towing issues relating to brokers. The panel will provide a summary of existing caselaw, statutory and regulatory law, along with practice tips for litigation aspects, and for actually preventing litigation, with appropriate policy implementations. The panel will explore the unexplored, and will be an excellent resource to assist in your practice. You won't want to miss it!
Steven M. Canty, Orleans Canty Novy LLC, Chicago, IL
Wesley S. Chused, Director, Preti Flaherty, Boston, MA
Justin Olsen, Vice President, Legal & Risk, England Logistics, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
Before You Register for a TLA Webinar
- TLA applies for Continuing Legal Education credit from every State in which it is required.
- Please be aware that some states do not allow webinars as an approved format for continuing education (Delaware and Pennsylvania).
- All participants who complete the evaluation following the webinar will be provided with the uniform certificate of attendance.
- TLA will be using Zoom to administer its webinars.
- If you are not a member of TLA, or do not have a user profile, you will need to create one.
- Once you register and check out, you should receive a confirmation email of your payment (non-members) and registration.
- An email with instructions on how to access the webinar will be sent in a separate email on the day before the webinar is scheduled for.
- If you do not receive an email with instructions on how to access the webinar by that day, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (913) 222-8652.
Member Price: Complimentary
Non-member Price: $50
1. SIGN IN: To register for this webinar you must sign in. If you are not a member, or do not currently have an account, please create one.
2. BEGIN REGISTRATION: Select the "Register Myself" button to begin the registration process.
3. EDIT REGISTRANT INFORMATION: Click the "Edit Registrant Information" link to update your contact information.
4. REGISTRATION OPTIONS: Your price will automatically update based on your member type.
5. CHECK OUT: After payment is provided, a confirmation email will be emailed to the email address you specify.
- You will be able to register up to the day of the event which is 02/24/2021
This webinar will start at 1PM CST / 2PM EST
If you have any questions, please email us at TLA-Info@kellencompany.com or call us at (913) 222-8652.
Suggestions for webinar topics and presenters are welcome. Please email the committee chair.
2020-21 Webinar Committee
Stephen Dennis (Chair)