TLA’s webinar series seeks to expand the association’s CLE offerings by providing timely information on issues of concern to transportation attorneys from the leaders in the field. TLA members, non-members and non-attorneys are welcome to attend.
Too Much or Not Enough? Competitive and Anti-Competitive Conduct and Regulation in the Post COVID Supply Chain Squeeze
In this timely and topical Webinar, the TLA’s Antitrust and Unfair Trade Committee will discuss, analyze, and assess the wide range of competition law issues that are facing the transportation and logistics sector today. Doctrines often thought to be arcane are now at the forefront of the Biden Administration’s economic policy. A new Executive Order to increase competition in the U.S. economy has targeted the logistics arena in multiple areas of policy and regulatory enforcement, especially with respect to the supply chain crunch caused by surging post-COVID demand; the new role of technological platforms in the provision of logistics services; and the use of non-compete agreements. Air transportation also is specifically targeted, despite decades of deregulation and hands-off supervision. Congress is also actively exploring whether it needs to enact new legislation to ensure a more competitive transportation sector, especially in light of foreign trade supply chain issues where U.S. shippers complain that they cannot obtain access to essential transportation services and equipment.
This panel will explore the ramifications of these recent governmental initiatives and edicts, coupled with global bottlenecks in the supply chain, and how they will impact transportation practices, procedures, protocols and contracting across all modes, in such areas as detention and demurrage, Shipping Act Reform, and the use of electronic platforms for marketing and providing transportation services. The panel will offer succinct assessments of where things stand on competition legislation and regulation, forecast impacts and implications down the road, and provide helpful tips on contracting and operational practices, to either work with, or work through, the new post-COVID regulatory regime. These issues will impact all our practices, and we have some of the most knowledgeable transportation law experts in this specialized field to tell us all about them. You won’t want to miss it!
Moderator: Christopher M. Kelly
Andrew M. Danas, Partner, Grove, Jaskiewicz and Cobert, LLP, Washington, D.C.
Jeremy Handschuh, Managing Attorney, Mitchell-Handschuh Law Group, Atlanta, GA
Jol A. Silversmith, Member, KMA Zuckert LLC, Washington, D.C.
Before You Register for a TLA Webinar
- TLA applies for Continuing Legal Education credit from every State in which it is required.
- Please be aware that some states do not allow webinars as an approved format for continuing education.
- All participants who complete the evaluation following the webinar will be provided with the uniform certificate of attendance.
- TLA will be using Zoom to administer its webinars.
- If you are not a member of TLA, or do not have a user profile, you will need to create one.
- Once you register and check out, you should receive a confirmation email of your payment (non-members) and registration.
- An email with instructions on how to access the webinar will be sent in a separate email on the day before the webinar is scheduled for.
- If you do not receive an email with instructions on how to access the webinar by that day, you can email [email protected] or call us at (913) 222-8652.
Member Price: Complimentary
Non-member Price: $50
1. SIGN IN: To register for this webinar you must sign in. If you are not a member, or do not currently have an account, please create one.
2. BEGIN REGISTRATION: Select the "Register Myself" button to begin the registration process.
3. EDIT REGISTRANT INFORMATION: Click the "Edit Registrant Information" link to update your contact information.
4. REGISTRATION OPTIONS: Your price will automatically update based on your member type.
5. CHECK OUT: After payment is provided, a confirmation email will be emailed to the email address you specify.
- You will be able to register up to the day of the event which is 09/28/2021
This webinar will start at 1PM CST / 2PM EST
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call us at (913) 222-8652.